TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to
presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and
creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators
of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Light box. Our
mission: To transform the way people see the world, through
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
SUPERVISOR – BOX OFFICE & CALL CENTRE
The Box Office & Call Centre Supervisor is primarily responsible
for answering incoming calls in the Call Centre, providing
excellent customer service via email and social media, as well as
responding to other general inquires. In the Box Office, the
Supervisor is primarily responsible for supervising staff, ensuring
all shift duties are completed, and providing a high level of
customer service. This position works closely with the Assistant
Manager – Box Office & Call Centre, and reports to the Manager,
- Providing friendly, knowledgeable customer service on the telephone, via email or in person by giving information regarding all of TIFFs products and services in a timely and professional manner
- Handling large volume of sales on a regular basis
- Processing and managing cash, debit and credit card transactions with confidence
- Operating computerized ticketing systems and ensure all account data is captured accurately
- Adhering to and interpreting all Ticketing policies and procedures in both the Box Office and Call Centre to provide a high level of service
- Supervising and supporting Ticket Agents to ensure all performance goals are achieved
- Trouble-shooting equipment and hardware
- Filling out end of shift reports, entering nightly sales into Box Office Sales Report interface
- Maintenance and upkeep of the Box Office, Will Call folder, Call Centre space and working desks
- Assisting Ticket Agents with cashing in and cash out processes – ensuring their sales are balanced, troubleshooting when discrepancies occur, holding agents accountable when necessary
- Documenting and reporting any issues, concerns, feedback from customers and staff that occurred over their shift. Maintaining open communication with Management team
- Opening and closing the Box Office following all outlined procedures
- Working closely with all Visitor Experience teams – being able to communicate key information quickly and efficiently
- Training agents and updating them on new information and processes
- Performing some light lifting and other duties, as required
December 2, 2019
- Minimum two years ticketing experience.
- Familiarity with Ticketing Systems is an asset. Knowledge of Archtics/PCI is preferred, other Ticketmaster platforms are an asset.
- Previous Customer Service experience is required (in person, via email, and telephone)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Ability to speak multiple languages is an asset
- Previous cash handling experience is required. Experience handling sales of all types (credit, debit, gift cards)
- Enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated, open to working in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve independently, resolve conflict, remain calm in a fast paced environment
- Knowledgeable about TIFF. Previous experience with the Toronto Internal Film Festival is an asset.
- Able to adapt to a flexible work schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- Please submit cover letter and resume as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on November 18, 2019.
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website: tiff.net/careers.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to email@example.com.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application and/or hiring process, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-599-8433 x2001, and we will work with you to meet your needs.