Greater Sudbury, ON
$1,354 - $1,688 a week
- Are you a conscientious and well-organized Registered Nurse,
with a strong commitment to the care and well-being of others? If
so, please consider this rewarding opportunity to join the health
care team with the Sudbury Jail, Ministry of the Solicitor
- Conduct health assessments for the purposes of triage and on-going care
- Plan for and provide health care treatment
- Monitor adherence to treatment plans and response to health care interventions
- Liaise with community care providers to obtain health histories and to facilitate transitional care at discharge for both remand and intermittent inmates
- Participate in case management
- Advocate for and encourage patient participation in the plan of care
- Act as a resource for patients, staff and external stakeholders by sharing your knowledge and expertise
- Work collaboratively as a member of the inter-professional team to develop, implement and evaluate patient-specific plans of care
- Contribute to health program development within the institution
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with other staff members and external stakeholders
- Provide emergency care, acute care, crisis intervention, health teaching, and counselling, when required, both for patients considered medically stable and unstable
- Practice in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Practice Standards and Ministry expectations
- Practice in accordance with the security requirements of the institution
- You must be registered as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario and be in good standing
- You have knowledge of professional standards and guidelines, best practice guidelines, and nursing theories, practices and relevant legislation (such as Regulated Health Professions Act, Health Care Consent Act, Mental Health Act)
- You are able to complete a comprehensive health assessment
- You can elicit, interpret and evaluate information from patients and other sources and draw conclusions to develop treatment and care plans
- You are able to evaluate patient responses to planned interventions and to modify interventions in collaboration with the inter-professional team to achieve established goals
- You can address emergency situations and implement appropriate therapeutic interventions
- You have excellent critical thinking and organizational skills to provide emergency, urgent and routine health care
- You have effective oral and written communication skills and health teaching skills to deal effectively with staff and clients
- You can work as a member of an inter-professional team and work with a diverse client group
- These are irregularly-scheduled, casual positions. The hours of work are 0 to 40 hours per week. You are expected to work rotating shifts in a health care unit that provides 7 days per week service, up to 24 hours a day.
Please note: This posting is for up to 5 casual nurse positions. This is a continuous posting ad. The recruitment and selection processes will begin after April 27, 2020. This posting may be extended and available until the position is filled. Please submit your application once only.
Please read the following information carefully and customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. For information on how to prepare your application, please follow the link under the "How to Apply" section of this ad.
What can I expect to do in this role?In this role, you will:
How do I qualify? Mandatory Requirement
Nursing Knowledge and Experience
Other Essential Skills
Hours of Work
- 5 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, 181 Elm St, Sudbury, North Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitionsSchedule:
Health and Social Services
Thursday, April 9, 2020
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment
Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be
required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above
to determine the screening checks that are required for this
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Any vacancy posted on this site comes from Indeed and it's network through the API. If you find this job is not supposed to be on this site, please report it on Indeed.