Agwest Veterinary Group is a progressive bovine and equine veterinary proactive that provides veterinary services throughout the Fraser Valley and Vancouver Island. The position of Receptionist is a front office position that includes; client communication via phone and in office, client account management, scheduling veterinary appointments, product dispensing and sales, office administration and accounts receivable management.
- Interpersonal Skills - Front office reception is often the first face visitors to Agwest see. They are largely responsible for the first impression people have about our company. The demeanor of our front office receptionist is vital to Agwest operations, and the receptionist’s level of courtesy can have far-reaching consequences. A Friendly, Inviting, and Welcoming demeanor is essential for all clients, visitors, and phone calls coming into Agwest.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Professionalism & Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Self- Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behaviour, even in very difficult situations.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Operate Telephone system:
- Answer telephone calls
- Screen and forward telephone calls
- Providing information
- Taking messages
- Booking client appointments into schedule
- Scheduling of upcoming reminder calls (“due-for-veterinary-visit reminders”)
- Dispatch veterinarians to appointments (time & location)
- Manage schedules for veterinarian’s meetings and appointments
- Take client orders for product supplies by; phone, e-mail or in-person
- Filling prescriptions (orders) – review with prescriptions on file
- Invoice products
- “Pick” product supplies from distribution
- Arrange product drop-off with field staff where appropriate
- Review client invoices and statements
- Send out client invoices and statements via e-mail or mail
- Receive client payment and record receipts for services and products
- Apply payment to customer account in Impromed
- Contact clients regarding overdue accounts to arrange payment
- Prepare bank deposits
- End of day Debit Terminal closing
Client account management:
- Create new clients & patients in Impromed database
- Record new client accounts and forward to Finance Department
- Assist with completion and maintenance of client and patient records
- Greet persons entering establishments, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations
- Responding to and discussing client questions via phone and in person
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers
- Communicate appropriate client concerns to management
- Perform administrative support tasks such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel documents, or other documents
- Provide information about Agwest such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided
- Transmit information or documents to customers using a computer, mail or facsimile machine
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries
- Assist veterinary assistants with clinic laundry
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service
- Ability to physically lift, push or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Long period of sitting at a desk and computer terminal
- Intense concentration required at times with many interruptions.
- All employees are responsible to use safe work practices, policies and training to ensure a safe work environment for themselves and others at all times, minimizing the risk of both accidents and long-term occupational injury.