Join Canada’s lifeline!
We’re seeking a Temporary Part Time Program Clerkto join our Resource Management team in our Dartmouthoffice.
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
In this role you will be responsible for administrative support to all program activities within the Supply Chain Team. You will provide support in accordance with all regulations, standards and good manufacturing practice.
Canadian Blood Services is a collaborative community of donors, volunteers, health care professionals, employees and corporate partners committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians.
- Provides support for the Supply Chain and other departments as assigned
- Maintains and distribute departmental matrices, competency lists, controlled documents/binders and annual signature lists
- Provides support for records management including packing/shipping/retrieval of offsite storage records
- Schedules appointments
- Performs timekeeping functions
- Performs other related duties, as required
This is a temporary part-time position with an expected end date of October 2nd, 2020. The anticipated schedule is 5 days per week. 3 days in Dartmouth at John Savage Ave and 2 days in Halifax at Bayers Road. Working 1 in 3 Saturdays. Approximately 26 hours per week. The schedule/hours are subject to change due to operational needs
- Completion of a secondary school program
- Minimum of two years of recent, related office or administrative experience
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers within a Windows NT operating system; intermediate skill level required, using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook software
- Working knowledge of SAP would be considered an asset
- Effective communication in English (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships
- Excellent customer service skills are critical
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional strong attention to detail in all aspects of work
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.