A service-driven paper and packaging products company, Atlantic Packaging has grown to become one of Canada’s largest paper manufacturers and a leading producer of packaging products. Our organization employs approximately 1000 people at eight manufacturing plants and four distribution centers.
We are looking for a Process Engineer for our Scarborough Corrugated Plant. Reporting to the Continuous Improvement Manager, this position is responsible for the timely development and implementation of process improvement initiatives, in accordance with corporate and plant business goals and strategies. The incumbent will provide technical support to the Operations group through process trouble shooting and optimization initiatives. This role is geared toward future leaders of the organization. The management team will work closely with the candidate to expose them to different areas of the business, develop their technical and leadership skills and establish their preferred career path within the company.
- Root cause inefficiencies within plant processes
- Create a project implementation plan to correct root causes, working with the plants to achieve buy-in and sustainability
- Conduct chemical and/or equipment trials. Collect and analyze data, generate reports summarizing the results of the trials. Calculate overall cost savings
- Explore new fields of technology to determine if the existing process can be improved
- Work with C.I. team members to ensure consistency in implementation across plants
- Attend daily production meetings and execute on actions assigned
- Other duties as required
- Candidates must have an engineering degree, preferably mechanical
- 3-5 years’ experience as an engineer is an asset
- Qualified candidates will have manufacturing experience
- Familiarity with Excel and MS Word is required
- Familiarity with AutoCAD is an asset
- Individuals must have excellent written and oral communication
Atlantic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.