Successful Manufacturer of Custom Residential Windows & Doors for over 35 years is currently looking for a Plant Operations Manager to join their team.
· All plant supervisors and Lead Hands and their responsibilities.
· Oversees all window & door manufacturing over 2 shifts.
· Oversees the activities of production personnel to ensure efficient and safe work operations.
· Develops and manages production schedules to meet internal volume, cost and quality goals.
· Analyzes production metrics and makes recommendations for improvements and solutions to issues that are identified.
· Oversees staffing and development of all production supervisors and staff.
· Ensures safe operations and adherence to regulatory requirements.
· Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
· Extensive knowledge of department processes.
· Inspect and monitor production equipment to ensure they are operational and in good working order in coordination with maintenance and engineer departments.
· Liaise with Q.C., Shipping and Receiving Departments of organization to make sure products meet set production deadlines.
· Address and respond to staff issues or complaints to ensure a calm and focused workforce.
· Aim to identify waste and other constraints that limit productivity.
· Degree in Industrial Engineering, or Industrial Management preferred. Relevant experience in lieu of education could be considered.
· 5 years of experience within the window & door industry an asset.
· 5 years of extensive experience managing within a manufacturing environment.
· Strong time management, leadership and problem-solving skills.
Salary: To be determined and discussed during candidate selection process.
Position reports to the Director of Operations
Job Type: Full-time
- Lean Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Plant Management: 5 years (Preferred)