Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a fast paced environment where you can utilize your hospital/clinic administration experience, time management skills and strong communication skills? If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the amazing care that SickKids provides and be the first point of contact when patients and families arrive to the department, then we have an opportunity for you!
We are currently looking for a Patient Information Clerkto join 4C Medical Day Care on a part-time basis.
Shifts: Various shifts Monday to Friday, with possibility for increased hours to cover absences
Application Instructions: Please indicate your availability per week (hours/days) in your cover letter.
Here's What You'll Get To Do
- Facilitate the delivery of patient care by providing a high level of support and assistance to patient cluster staff and patients/families.
- Support the operation of the team/department by providing clerical and administrative functions in a proactive, organized manner.
- Greet patients and families, and assist in meeting their needs when appropriate.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments using electronic health record Epic; register patients on arrival
- Maintain electronic calendar/schedules where appropriate
- Coordinate unit administrative functions to ensure efficient operation of the unit, within scope of authority.
- Provide clerical support to all health care staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Role will also be trained to support and provde cross-coverage for the GI Procedures Inforamtion Coordiantor
Here's What You'll Need
- Diploma from a recognized Administrative/Secretarial program or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Previous clerical experience in a hospital/medical environment.
- Experience with patient registration and scheduling systems are asset
- Proficiency with computers is essential (i.e. word processing).
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Ability be self-directed, flexible and to take initiative.
- Attention to detail and efficient time management are essential to the position.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Part-time; hours scheduled Monday to Friday to ensure unit coverage .