Job posting closes: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 11:00 PM (PST)
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.Officer, Sr. Procurement Job Code:215
Department: Financial Services Job Summary:
The incumbent coordinates, prepares, monitors and maintains the procurement of materials, supplies, equipment and contractual services.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide research, administrative and technical support to staff on the procurement of goods and services to ensure accuracy, timeliness of information and compliance with governing legislation, policies and procedures.
- Provide support in preparation, processing and maintenance of procurement instruments and contracts in accordance with internal controls and relevant legislation. Conduct initial needs assessment and determination relating to the use of tenders, RFP, RFQ, local purchase orders, etc.
- Coordinate, participate and/or process various procurement activities including bid openings, change orders, security deposits, progress payments, contracts, etc.
- Assist with the administration of annual service and supply contracts.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships.
- Maintain the procurement computerized system.
- Liaise with suppliers and staff on matters relating to procurement, internal controls and relevant legislation.
- Coordinate delivery schedules, monitor progress and liaise with clients and suppliers to resolve issues.
- Coordinate asset disposals from a financial perspective.
- Provide input and maintain relevant policies and procedures including contract administration manual and procurement templates.
- Maintain electronic and manual procurement records. Maintain and update the procurement section on the City’s website.
- Act as Supervisor, Accounts Payable and Procurement as assigned.
- Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Other related duties.
This description contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Majority of the work is performed under normal office conditions.Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Degree in Business Administration plus a recognized procurement designation (CPP, SCMP etc.).
- 5 years' progressive procurement experience with a focus on contract administration and 6 months on the job training.
- Proven skills working with computerized financial systems software.
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure and to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong research, client service orientation and good interpersonal skills.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships among peers and/or stakeholders.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.Examples of Equipment to Operate:
General office equipment with the ability to operate ERP software programs, spreadsheets, electronic mail, word processing, etc.Other Details:
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/departments/human-resources/how-to-apply. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at HR@whitehorse.ca.
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview.
The City of Whitehorse in its sole discretion may change the start date and/or the closing date, or the competition may be recalled without any prior notice based on the operational requirements of the City or the department under the COVID-19 situation. The City of Whitehorse will hold no obligations to the applicants regarding the competition.