The Kamloops Food Bank is looking for an enthusiastic individual to fulfill the full-time role of Office & Event Coordinator. The selected candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility and the ability to prioritize diverse tasks.
The Office Coordinator has wide variety of responsibilities including volunteer coordination, event planning, creating and updating spreadsheets, social media and graphic design. This is a permanent position with daily hours from 7:30am – 3:30pm; but could be flexible for the right candidate (ie. 9:00am – 2:00pm).
- Assist with the planning and execution of Food Bank events
- Connect with donors, volunteers, and facilities
- Design and order all marketing material and signage
- Attend and help organize third party events as required
- Picking up/ delivering materials
- Recruitment and retention of volunteers
- Ensuring a welcoming, respectful and safe environment is maintained for volunteers
- Ensuring appropriate and meaningful placement is achieved and sustained
- Creating and maintaining volunteer processes and procedures
- Organizing volunteer appreciation lunches
- Organize and liaise with community groups to come in for tours & volunteering experiences
- Lead tours for visitors including future volunteers, donors, etc.
- Maintain strong social media presence on all platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Maintain and update the Wordpress website, including writing and posting of blog entries
- Continually improving social media presence and expanding platforms
Projects & Reporting
- Assist with fundraising projects as needed including staff, scheduling, inventory, tracking etc.
- Oversee project procedures including but not limited to daily balances, reporting, etc.
- Ensuring strong social media presence and marketing of projects as required.
- Assisting Executive Director for all projects & reporting as required.
- 2 years experience in a related field
- Experience with administrative procedures (responding to emails, answering phones, greeting visitors)
- Event planning and coordination experience is considered an asset
- Wordpress and graphic design experience is considered an asset
- Previous experience in fundraising campaigns and donor management is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Program Suite; notably Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to learn new computer programs with ease
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work with a variety of individuals (clients, donors, volunteers etc.)
- Strong decision-making skills
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required
Weekend and evening availability is occasionally required for events and group volunteering
Please email your resume AND cover letter to info @ kamloopsfoodbank.org
Applications will be accepted until August 2nd.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- related: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)