The medical records scanning clerk is responsible for managing the medical records of the clinic, including preparing, storing, scanning and retrieving patient records.
Job Duties for Medical Records Scanning Clerk
- Prepares new patient charts, gathering documents and information from paper sources and/or electronic health record.
- Ensures medical records are assembled in standard order and are accurate and complete.
- Creates digital copies of patient records for quick access to electronic health records and retention purposes.
- Organize scanned documents on local network and or cloud storage devices.
- Operates computer to enter and retrieve data, type correspondence and reports.
- Files paperwork and reports in patient charts, ensuring they are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures files are stored/scanned in the designated area according to applicable storage/scanning procedures.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 years of experience in health information management preferred
- Previous medical office experience preferred
- Electronic Medical Records experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Superior organizational skill.
- Ability to operate Falcon Scanner or willingness to learn (training will be provided)
- Comfortable working with computers and various software
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Knowledge and skill in the use of scanner, fax, and electronic health record technology
Job Type: Part-time