We’re seeking a Material Handler/Driver to join our supply chain logistics team!
70% of the Material Handler/Driver’s tasks involves material handling and customer service and 30% involves driving various types of vehicles with product, donors and other team members.
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
Collaboration, respect and integrity are essential for this role. Material Handler/Drivers works very closely with various supply chain departments. These departments include production/distribution labs, sample testing lab, quality, and blood donor centre team members.
We look to our logistics team members to:
- Prepare daily vehicle inspection
- Complete a daily government regulated logbook
- Be familiar with various computer tools and software
- Work hands on with packaged blood products
- Be comfortable frequently working in a team environment
- Set up and takedown equipment at mobile donor centres
- Provide quality customer service
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
- Minimum 24 months verifiable professional driving experience preferably as a commercial vehicle driver, within the last three years
- Completion of a secondary school program.
- Must have a valid Class 4 Drivers License or be willing to obtain such license.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements to manage extended periods of sitting, kneeling, standing, and walking
- Must be able to load, unload, and carry equipment supplies needed to hold a mobile donor centre.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs consecutively as part of your daily duties.
- Able to adhere to safety and regulatory standards as we adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Understand and use Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Centre Operating Procedures (COPs) as a source of information and guidance in the performance of all duties.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, being able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities within short time lines.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, being able to exercise sound judgement, professionalism and discretion when dealing with others.
- Experience working in a regulated environment is an asset.
- Attention to detail is a must