At more than $4.2 billion in assets under management, Westminster Savings is one of Canada’s largest credit unions. Through our 420 employees, our focus is serving our more than 67,000 members across each of our four lines of business – Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, and Auto/Equipment Leasing. At Westminster Savings we look beyond accounts, rates and products and are committed to delivering real and tangible value to our customers.
We are very proud of the culture we’ve created – one that reflects our desire to work collaboratively with our employees, invest in potential and celebrate our wins, both big and small. There is a shared sense of pride at Westminster Savings, in the work we do every day, and an unwavering commitment to our employees’ continued success. It is so much more than a job at Westminster Savings.
Investment Advisor Assistant, Wealth Management
This is an outstanding opportunity to join our thriving Wealth Management team! The Investment Advisor Assistant (IAA) will provide consistent, compliant and effective support to the Investment Advisor and the IAA team as well as demonstrating ‘best in class’ customer service to both our internal and external Wealth clients. The IAA will also make referrals to other departments, as needed/appropriate.
In particular, it is hoped the IAA will already have – OR will want to become – IIROC (Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada) licensed, which will enable them to provide a higher level of technical support and service to our Wealth customers and partners, as well as provide a pathway to future career growth.
Please note – this role will be primarily based at the Austin Branch (Coquitlam) although there will likely be time spent supporting other local branches.
- Assist the Investment Advisor (IA) to achieve or exceed assigned sales or referral goals
- Help ensure the accurate and timely adherence and completion of all necessary policies, procedures, guidelines and documentation, including compliance, regulatory and legislative requirements
- Enthusiastically participate in, and assist in the creation and execution of corporate and branch events/campaigns, as required
- Respond to all members, partner and team member enquiries promptly and proactively and provide timely, accurate, friendly and professional support and service at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
Key qualifications for this key role include a minimum of two to three years’ experience in a financial service environment, with previous experience in wealth management strongly preferred. In particular, the successful candidate will currently be IIROC licensed OR be willing to secure the license within a pre-determined timeframe, as a priority.
They will also have demonstrable sales and service abilities, strong communication skills, and exceptional administrative, organizational and time management skills.
- This position will be Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
- A high level of attention to detail, integrity and character as proven through your work ethic and professionalism
We can offer you:
- An employer that values you and recognizes the power you have to create success for yourself while making a difference in the financial well-being of others
- A financially stable and growing team that believes in providing world class service in our local setting
- An employee focused culture that provides extensive learning and career development opportunities
- A competitive total rewards package including a defined contribution pension plan
Please apply IMMEDIATELY!