Approximate Duration: 6 to 12 months
- JOB SUMMARY
- Minimum requirement - 2 year - Office Administration - Health Services College diploma OR
- Combination of completed - 2 year - Office Administration - Executive College diploma in addition to related health services and/or clinical setting experience
- 1-year recent related medical work experience in a health services or clinical environment dealing with medical terminology and/or medical transcription
- Strong understanding of medication/vaccine terminology and immunization schedules to accurately enter health information and transcribe complex immunization records
- Ability to analyze complex and irregular immunization submissions and investigate possible contributing factors, using multiple resources
- Effectively use technology to enhance service delivery capabilities
- Strong problem solving skills to help stakeholders and clients navigate the various program related processes (e.g., school suspension, website reporting, customer queries in clinics)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to respond to the diverse needs of community partners, primary care providers, clients and the internal health care team in a fast-paced and challenging health services setting
- Evaluate, establish and administer health records management systems to ensure confidential, secure accessible and organized electronic and paper records
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the various office equipment
- Previous experience with Ministry software/databases
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with ability to work with multiple interruptions/distractions under tight timelines with highly confidential material
- Record/data management skills including file management and electronic file management with attention to detail
- Manage the scheduling and coordination of administrative tasks and workflow within specific deadlines and according to set priorities
- Ability to manage multiple demands and re-prioritize within limited timeframes
- Ability to work independently within established parameters and to function effectively as a member of a health services team
- General knowledge of the Public Health Information Privacy and Protection Act (PHIPPA) and the Municipal Freedom of Information Privacy and Protection Act (MFIPPA)
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted specified license for the class of the vehicle operated
- Must maintain ability to travel in a timely manner to other offices, work locations or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business reasons.
Review, interpret and evaluate immunization information from provincial, national and international health units prior to creating and/or updating electronic records in the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC) designated software system. Ensure immunization documentation is processed timely and accurately to meet program deadlines. Participate in program activities to support legislative requirements. Provide hard copy immunization records or assistance to access electronic records to the public and health care providers as per policy. Support program requirements related to child care and school aged record review, general clinics and school based immunization campaigns. .
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team
dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.