Requisition ID: 24456
Position Number: 20016262
Posting End Date: June 19 2019
Site: WRHA Corporate
Work Location: 345 DeBaets Street
Department / Unit: Regional Distribution Facility Ext Op
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 12
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $18.541, $19.097, $19.670, $20.260, $20.868, $21.494
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Reporting to the Division Manager, the Driver is responsible for the safe transport of all assembled trays, bulk meals and ward stocks to the customer sites. The incumbent transports all meals in a refrigerated truck and ensures the truck is in working order, cleaned and sanitized for each delivery.
- Must have previous experience in transport.
- Minimum Grade 10 education, Manitoba standards, required.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Current and valid Manitoba Drivers license class 5 and 3 required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- The incumbent performs routine and repetitive activities that require standing, reaching, bending, lifting, and stretching for sustained periods in order to perform tasks.
- Job requires moderate to heavy lifting and pushing and pulling carts.
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environments throughout the day.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.