Convergint Technologies is a global industry-leading organization that designs, installs, and services integrated building systems including electronic security, fire alarm, and life safety systems. To learn more about Convergint, visitwww.convergint.com
Currently, we are looking for a full-time Bilingual Control Centre Operator to join our Ottawa, ON team for the Overnight shift. The Bilingual Control Centre Operator is responsible for providing professional quality customer service while verifying and/or notifying customers and potentially dispatching the authorities (Police, Fire, Ambulance, and/or Guard service) promptly upon the receipt of an alarm signal whether via traditional point to point, access control or CCTV.
This is a FULL-TIME bilingual (English/French) position which requires availability for regular Overnight shifts and flexibility in working hours.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Responds to alarm signals received customer’s alarm panels, CCTV systems, e-mail or access control systems and follow the specific instructions as defined in the customer account or in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedure to ensure that all the instructions are completed in full, prior to closing alarms.
- Maintains a professional and pleasant phone manner when talking to customers and authorities.
- Answers all telephone calls from customers in a fast and professional manner.
- Inputs basic data entry changes on accounts as required, such as phone numbers, Police registration numbers and temporary data for call list or any other issue that require a change for a limited period of time.
- Informs the MSCC Supervisor immediately of any problems processing a specific alarm or any problems with a customer or if he/she requires additional training in any specific area.
- Has a good understanding of ULC customer requirements and manages these signals accordingly.
- Creates work orders from clients’ verbal or email requests for iCare as required.
- Dispatches technicians for iCare service requests as required.
- Follows up to ensure all iCare work orders are completed completely and correctly.
- Responds to Lone Worker alarms in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean work area and report any equipment problems immediately.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Customer Focus – Maintaining awareness of, and seeking to meet of the needs and wants of the customer
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written in English and French (French is a strong asset for this position)
- Must be able to be security cleared to a minimum of Reliability status.
- Must be able to work any assigned shifts as required by the specific position.
- Must be comfortable working alone or with other people.
- Good adaptability – respond effectively to changes in situation or information
- Comfortable and competent in a fast paced multi-task environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good understanding of personal computers and conventional software programs. Accurate typing skills.
- Ability to follow specific instructions.
- Understanding and appreciation of the serious nature of security industry- Asset.
- Must learn or have a basic understanding of alarm panels and components, CCTV and access control systems.
- Maintain a positive attitude, be punctual and have an excellent attendance record.
- Experience in an office or control centre environment an asset Experience in security, electronic, fire alarm & life safety industry is considered a significant asset
- Competitive wages
- Immediate comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, etc.)
- Employer contribution to RRSP
- Work environment committed to safety
- Reimbursement to support continuous learning
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability. Disability accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all stages of the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Call Center / Dispatch: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Ottawa, ON (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)