Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is a federal Crown corporation with the mandate to promote efficient and effective standardization in Canada. Located in Ottawa, SCC has a Governing Council comprised of up to 13 members and a staff of approximately 100. The organization reports to Parliament through Innovation Science and Economic Development Canada and oversees Canada's standardization network.
Job Summary and Key Activities
Provision of governance and administrative support to the Corporate Secretary with respect to the planning, organization and direction of arrangements for meetings and conferences of the Governing Council and its principal committees.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of guidelines, processes and procedures to ensure the Chairperson and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) are adequately briefed on all proceedings and decisions of Council and its committees.
- Plans and organizes arrangements for Council, Corporate Governance Committee, Audit Committee, and other meetings and conferences.
- Develops and prepares agenda and programs, and coordinates the preparation of supporting papers for the Council and its standing Committee meetings, and reviews papers received by the Secretariat with respect to content for approval
- Contributes to the development and implementation of policies, processes and procedures to meet statutory requirements
- Drafts and edits Council-related position papers, presentations and other communications.
- Assists in the preparation of minutes, actions to be taken, and records of decisions of the Council and its committees and, upon request, other meetings or conferences, ensuring minutes and action items are communicated.upu
- Tracks follow-up actions to be taken on decision, and provides information to be brought back to committees as required.
- Provides advice and guidance regarding Council issues and decisions.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, public administration, political science or an equivalent discipline,
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in providing professional and administrative support to the Corporate Secretariat / Corporate Secretary
- Experience in writing board position papers and minutes
- Experience in dealing with boards and governance matters
- Experience in organizing meetings
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $64,000.00 to $80,100.00 /year
- writing position papers for board and governance committees: 3 years (Required)
- corporate secretary: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)