Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding administrative position where you can utilize your organizational, communication, and time management skills? Do you have experience providing administrative support to a high level manager/supervisor and/or to Physicians in a busy work setting? If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the amazing care that SickKids provides, then we have a position for you!
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the Division of Respiratory Medicine to provide administrative support to two physicians, coordinating all aspects related to administrative, clinical, education and research.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do
General Administrative Support to Physicians:
- Provide administrative support to assigned physician in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine.
- Maintain physician's complex calendar, providing strategic calendar management ensuring entries are accurate (ex. appropriate documentation is included).
- Schedule and coordinate routine and complex meetings and rounds, prioritizing requests and arranging rooms, catering and audio visual.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and process travel expense reimbursements.
- Prepare reports, documents, and letters, some of which may be confidential in nature.
- Assist in developing and creating posters and PowerPoint presentations.
- Work individually and in collaboration with team on projects.
- Complete HR paperwork and onboarding of research students.
- Provide assistance with academic programs.
- Maintain CV, Common CV and teaching dossier for physicians and record/track publications, books, chapters, funding and awards.
- Provide administrative support for annual, triannual, scientific reviews and academic promotion.
- Provide administrative support for the preparation of grant applications and REB applications.
- Track renewals of grants and Research Ethics Board (REB) renewals.
- Conduct literature searches and pull articles as required and maintain reference and citation database (i.e. EndNote).
- Provide assistance in the preparation of publications, manuscripts, and abstracts.
- Provide assistance with research projects.
- Coordinate finance accounts, process and monitor cheque requisitions and reimbursements.
- Analyze financial reports, review MIs and follow up on discrepancies, ensure budgets are kept balanced and provide reports on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile corporate credit card statements.
- Process reimbursements, deposits, transfers and invoice payments.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Post secondary degree/diploma in business or office administration
- 2 or more years of administrative experience, preferably in the health care industry
- Experience providing administrative support to high level managers or supervisors is an strong asset
- Expert knowledge and proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using Adobe Professional and Endnote
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize work in an efficient and organized manner
- Highly developed analytical, evaluative and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated high level of judgment, tact and diplomacy in interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work well independently, as well as, in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment with many interruptions and multiple priorities
Employment Type: Part-Time (21 hours per week), Temporary Employment (1 year contract with modified benefits) with the possibility of extension