Input and audit of expense claims for all NAV CANADA employees, ensuring that payments are received on a timely manner. Ensure invoices from all companies are entered into Workday while complying with policy and ensuring deadlines are met in order to avoid payments of late charges. Job Description
- Using Workday, enter over 100 invoices daily to ensure that payments are made on time
- Using Workday, audit and enter expense claims for all NAV CANADA employees to ensure that payments are made on time
- Review tax calculations on invoices to ensure correct recover of GST / HST using special calculation templates
- Reconcile invoices to be matched to purchase orders or the ones that go on hold due to incorrect or incomplete receipts
- Enter special treatment invoices Pull Cheque list to ensure
cheques get proper mail out treatment
- Successful completion of post-secondary Bookkeeping and Accounting Practices certificate or equivalent Accounts Payable experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of current experience in Accounts Payable, processing invoices and expense claims
- Experience in Accounts Payable invoice processing and customer service where applied to internal department and external vendor queries
- Experience in Auditing employee expense claims as it pertains to the timely payment and personal nature of the expenses
- Must be familiar with tax regulations, as they relate to tax recovery treatment
- Knowledge of accounting practices, NAV CANADA Financial Policies, verification / audit procedures
- Knowledge of Travel and Relocation directive, Isolated Post directive, Delegation of Financial Authority policies (DFA), and Workday
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office (particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Communication skills required when dealing with internal and external clients regarding financial transactions
- A keen appreciation for a team environment
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Dependability and reliability
- Tact, diplomacy, discretion and collaboration with colleagues and clients
- An ability to prioritize and work under pressure of deadlines
The successful candidate must meet the security requirement of the position and be legally able to work in Canada.
At NAV CANADA, safety is our priority. We require pre-employment drug screening for all candidates offered positions designated as safety sensitive in accordance with NAV CANADA’s Drug and Alcohol policy.
NAV CANADA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily and clearly on the subject line of their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
NAV CANADA is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.